Thursday, August 6, 2026

Uncleaned room

This is how my Sudanese roommate kept his room for many years. For many years he didn't clean his room. He used to stay in his room every day the whole day smoking and listening to gangster rap then he used to go out of his room to the bathroom to defecate. That’s how he used to live his life here. I saw him spitting on the floor inside the house and I told him to stop spitting inside the house. One time I saw him spitting in the kitchen sink but then he stopped and I saw him urinating right in front of the  door of this house. I think he used to spit on Eugene's door. He told me that he smokes 3 packs of cigarettes daily and that he spends all his money on cigarettes. I told him nicely to smoke outside and to let me clean his room. He refused to let me clean his room and he never listened to me when I used to tell him to smoke outside. I called the police to tell them what was happening here. When the police arrived they sat me on a chair then handcuffed me. I kept saying to them what was happening here and to go inside his room and the police officer who sat me on the chair and handcuffed me said to me: "You are not supposed to be going inside anyone's room." They took me to the hospital and I ended up being hospitalized. Some time after I was released from the hospital  and I was back home one day I couldn't take it anymore , I went crazy, I kicked his room door opened and I started punching him, I got tired from punching him so much, luckily he didn't punch me back then he called the ambulance and the police and I was hospitalized again for like 3 weeks and luckily he didn't press charges. At the hospital I was asked why I was taken back to the hospital. I explained to them what happened. I had to wait in the hospital for a week to have a cyber meeting with a group of people and my psychiatrist. At the meeting the housing company I've been living with for around ten years said that I was allowed to go back home. That's one of the things I like about this country. Why would I go to The Dominican Republic or any other countries to put my life in danger like it happened to us when we went to Egypt. I have everything I need here and there is no need for me to travel to other countries. After the problem happened between me and my roommate he moved back with his parents until he found another place to live. I think the housing workers of this program helped him find a studio apartment. A few days ago he came back here to get some of his things and he told me that he will come back with a moving truck to get the rest of his things. He's a cool guy and very knowledgeable who's English is very advanced. He's just sick. Before I was hospitalized when he called the ambulance and the police I ordered a Chromebook from Amazon. At the hospital I was worried that it was going to be stolen because I was not going to be at home when it was delivered. I told my roommate about it at the hospital who's also very knowledgeable but he tried to kill himself. He's also college educated just like Mustafa. I asked him to define some things for me because I didn't have access to the internet when I was hospitalized and he did. I told him to apply for SSI, low income housing and other government benefits. I told him about the housing program I've been living in for many years. When I came back home from the hospital I found my Chromebook inside my room unboxed. When Mustafa came back to get some of his things he told me that he saw the box outside with my name on it and that he decided to put it in my room. Someone told me many years ago that there is good in every man.



No comments:

Post a Comment